Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Another way to fertilize flowers....

James bought me beautiful, white lilies. Last night, after hearing about his awful-no-good-rotten-weekend, this is the conversation we had: 


Me: I'm sorry you had a rotten day. Thanks for my lilies, though.

James [slightly pouting]: You're welcome.

Me: You know how to make flowers last a long time?

James: You don't have to tell me. I know.

Me: Okay, so what do you do?

James: You pee on 'em.

[I laugh. He doesn't.]

Me: Wait...are you serious?

James: Maybe.

Me: That's so gross! You peed on the flowers?!

James: I don't remember. I do remember thinking about it, but I don't remember if I did it or not. Besides, it's good for them.

Me: On a scale of sure to very sure...

James: I don't do scales. They make me fat.


I would throw the flowers away, but they are blooming rather furiously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment