Saturday, July 14, 2012

According to James, the number 500 doesn't exist.

James: I have never counted to 500. I always get distracted. So I just have to trust it's there. Like dinosaurs.

Me: James, dinosaurs are dead.

James: That's exactly why I have faith, because naysayers like you want me to believe this awesome giants just...died because of a cold.

Me: More like a deep freeze. You can't come back from that kind of trauma.

James: You know who else was frozen and came back to life? Jesus.

Me: So. Wrong.

James: I'm allowed to believe dinosaurs still exist. 'Cause...America.

Me: What about America?

James: This is America. You can believe and do ridiculous things and make millions from it, all the while calling yourself a scientist. That like that Tom Cruise guy.

Me: He's a scientologist.

James: So?

Me: There's a difference. One is a religion, the other is a guy who went to school for a long time.

James: You're saying the exact same thing.

Me: You know, you have a point. You go ahead and believe dinosaurs still exist, little buddy.

James: And that the number 500 is out there somewhere.






No comments:

Post a Comment