Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day Should Be a National Holiday

Alarm clock refuses to go off. I wake up an hour before work and realize James is going to be late for Chinese class.

Me: "James, get up. You are going to be late for school."

[Lump on the bed next to me moves, groans, and furrows deeper under the covers]

Me [hitting him with a pillow]: "Get..." *smack "...up!"

James: "Jessa...it's election day."

[I pause, pillow still above my head]

Me: "So? You still have to go to school."

James: "Oh."

[James sits up]

James: "Well...crap."

Me: "Did you think you didn't have to go to school because today is election day?"

James: "I refuse to answer that question."

Me: "For the love of God, why?"

[James pauses]

James: "It's sexist."



For all out there who think election day is a national holiday....go out and vote like it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment